Saturday, September 30, 2017

White After Labor Day






When I was growing up, wearing white after Labor day was one of the biggest fashion faux pas.  These days people are wearing whatever anytime of year.    Fashion is anything at anytime of year!  Believe it or not, I'm still a little jaded when it comes to certain fashion faux pas.







Today's post is about two white fabrics that I purchased this summer from Mood Fabrics:  Helmut Lang Optic White Tissue Weight Cotton Poplin  and Soft White Stretch Blended Cotton Jacquard.  Both textile were great to work with.  There is something special about working with natural fibers.  Cottons are easy to sew, press and super comfortable to wear.


My shirt is part of a "Shirt Project" that I completed this summer for a Haute Couture Club presentation. I used Simplicity 8416 to make, and the contrasting fabric was gifted to me by one of our generous club members, Andrea Birken.   I made no fit adjustments for this shirt.  But I wanted to add a little color to it.  Threads magazine, published an article on customizing your shirt.  This is where I got the idea to add the contracting fabric details.   Check out the details.






The pants are Burda 6879.  This is my third pair of pants made with it.  My reviews are here.  All of them have been made with Mood Fabrics.   For this pair, I made the pants wider for a more relaxed fit.  


So what are your feeling about wearing white?  

Happy Sewing!
C

1 comment:

  1. I am of the era that you don't wear white after labor day as well. I DO now but I have to say I still get this little question mark in my personal 'idea' bubble above my head. The fact that I live in Atlanta where it is hot well into October and November makes me say what the heck. My mom used to have to change her purse to match her shoes every day. Nope...not me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin